What I'm up to on LoL

I thought it’d be helpful to have a sticky topic that keeps track of all the stuff I’m up to as time goes on.

Yesterday I just posted this giant article about Mother 3’s hope, hype, and disappointment cycle: https://legendsoflocalization.com/mother3-timeline/

Next, I’m hoping to finish the final comparison page for the FF6 translation comparison, and then do another page with a summary + final thoughts. I’ve been going back and forth on whether I should post them at the same time or just post them as I finish them each.

My hopes to do a bunch of spooky Halloween-themed articles didn’t work out for this month sadly. I might try to sneak something in this month though.

Lately I’ve been kinda swamped with work, but I’ve been slowly putting together my final update for my FF6 translation comparison. One thing I didn’t think about before is that the fan translation we looked through was actually the latest updated version, so I wanted to take a quick peek at the original release.

ff6skyrenderv1017 ff6skyrenderv1024 ff6skyrenderv1001

I think it would’ve been more interesting to look at this version instead, as it would’ve given even more topics to discuss. It’s fascinating to see the differences and how it changed over time. Still, I’m glad I took a look at the version I did, because it offered so many interesting things to look at and dissect.

Mato’s working on a mega huge, like super gigantic article on Super Mario RPG right now. He’s been getting audio from different sources as references, and oh my god, it takes so long! The other night, we went on the hunt for a catchphrase in the old Ninja Hattori-kun cartoon show.

First, we had to find a way to way to watch the show in Japanese. We checked YouTube, and there’s a ton of episodes dubbed in Hindi, no Japanese to be found, haha. We searched Japanese streaming sites, no luck.

So we went legit. And it took us maybe 45 minutes of jumping through what felt like 9 million hoops to pay to legally watch episodes of Ninja Hattori-kun. I quite like the show! It uses Japanese that I can mostly understand, hehe.

We were going in blind, though. We had no idea when Hattori would say the catchphrase. Did he start saying it during a certain season? Does it say it every episode? So we watched 5 random episodes and managed to hear the catchphrase in the 5th one! Woo!

So all that work for one single part of this huge article, lol.

But hey, we have enough credit leftover to watch a few more episodes of the show legally, so I’m looking forward to that :3

That Super Mario RPG article was awesome! Thank you so much! I’ve always wondered about that Psychopath ability.