Podcasts

Share your podcast suggestions here. Be sure to write a short description for each one :slight_smile:

Here’s a list of some of my favorites:

• Levar Burton Reads - Levar Burton (Geordi from Star Trek, Reading Rainbow guy) reads short stories to you! Very relaxing, I like to listen to them before I sleep.

• We Have Concerns - a comedy science podcast, mostly improv comedy, talking about topical science articles. It recently ended, but there are 4 whole years of thrice-weekly episodes to listen to.

• Gravy - “Stories of the changing American South, told through the foods we eat.” Lots of interesting and different stories, like a Korean Restaurant owner in Alabama, Soul Food cooked by a Mexican chef in California, Indian-owned motels in the south, etc etc. This is my #1 favorite podcast.

• Everything is Alive - a chill podcast where the host “interviews” household objects. A can of cola, a bar of soap, a pillow, etc. It’s weird and charming.

• Ear Hustle - a podcast about life inside San Quinton State Prison in California. One of the co-hosts is an inmate. They interview inmates on various topics like cell mates, family visits, solitary confinement, food, etc. It’s fascinating.

I lack the time to listen to very many podcasts these days, sadly, but there are a couple I still check in on from time to time:

• The Tom Woods Show, which is mainly about history, philosophy, and economics from a libertarian perspective, but with lots of detours into other fields. The theology episodes are my personal favorites.

• Contra Krugman, an economics podcast that originally set out to refute Paul Krugman’s New York Times column every week, then noticed that Krugman has a habit of writing the same column over and over again and sort of wandered into related areas.

Then a couple I have a personal connection to:

• Culture of Peace, an interview show in which m’verygoodfriend Luke Tatum talks to people who are doing neat things to promote peace and voluntary order.

• Wizardly Wisdom with my friend Kenn Williamson, who talks about all sorts of stuff. Occasionally has me on the show and we talk about the Super Nintendo or some fool thing like that.