E3 2019!

Who all is hyped for E3 this year? I’m a bit more excited than I usually am. Maybe I’m setting myself up for disappointment, but I feel like this year’s going to be a really good one. With Sony already dropping some good news with the FF7 remake and Nintendo doing a whole separate Pokemon direct completely separate from their E3 presentations, I feel like they must have some really cool stuff up their sleeves this year.

For Nintendo, I’m half hoping half guessing to see more info on Animal Crossing Switch, a Smash DLC reveal, a new entry into a major franchise and maybe even a whole new one! And for Sony more FF7 news would be great, also seeing some stuff on Last of Us 2 would be rad as heck. And I forget if they’ve confirmed or denied if they are revealing more info about the PS5, but I sure as heck can hope they do!

What are everyone else’s hopes and dreams for E3 this year? Anything you think will happen? Anything you WANT to happen even though it probably won’t. ᵖˡˢ ᴷᵒⁿᵃᵐᶦ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵃ ᴳᵒᵉᵐᵒⁿ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ᵒʳ ᴳᵒᵉᵐᵒⁿ ᶦⁿ ˢᵐᵃˢʰ.

My biggest wish is for some sort of news of Animal Crossing! I’ve started saving up juuuust in case they announce an Animal Crossing special edition Switch. I’m also excited for some surprises this year, especially in the indie game area. My favorite games have always been the a sort of strange concept or aesthetic :o

Honestly if they announce an improved version of the switch with an Animal Crossing special edition, I’d be convinced to get another one and upgrade.

I’m hoping to see stupid sight gags like the puppet bit from 2015. That was rad.

Games, you mean? Something in the Mario and Zelda vein harkening back to 3D World or Skyward Sword would please me; I don’t care for the “open world” conceit particularly, and found Mario Odyssey good-but-not-great and Breath of the Wild thoroughly mediocre. If I can be completely weirdball, I would love to hear about a new collaboration between Monolith and Tri-Crescendo (whether a Baten Kaitos game or not) or a Nintendo 64 Classic Mini with freaking MISCHIEF MAKERS ON IT COME ON NINTENDO

Also I’m interested to see just why Microsoft is listing Nintendo Direct on its “things not to miss at E3” list. Given Microsoft’s inability to make money in the hardware sector and Nintendo’s constant struggles with its online services, perhaps there’s something coming.

Trials of Mana.

Just… Trials of Mana. It’s still unreal to think about. My favorite game of all time has an official worldwide release, with a big fancy reworked 3D remake coming next year. I keep on thinking this must be a dream. Needless to say I’m fascinated with all the choices they made regarding the localization of the game.