Diabeetus

So as some people know, I was diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes back in February 2017. There was a day that I got so sick to my stomach that I had to be rushed to the hospital, and while it was just a super bad stomach bug, they noticed my A1C was high. It runs in my family so it was only a matter of time, but I wasnt expecting it so soon.

It happened the day after the Patriots came back and crushed the Falcons in the Super Bowl, so I usually say “That Patriots win was so sweet that I got Diabetes.”

Anyway, After a lot of diet changes and a lot of weight loss (I’m down to 193 and still have room to improve) My doctor is finally taking me off of my Metformin, as my A1C is as normal as normal can be.

I wanted to thank y’all for being a positive influence the past few years and keeping me going. Being involved in these projects even in a small way has kept my spirits high and healthy. So thank you.

I just wanted to share a rare success moment. Haha.

:confetti_ball: Congratulations on a job well done! :tada: And positive vibes to your continued journey. :sunflower:

Making a dramatic lifestyle change is one of the hardest things anyone can do. Thank you for sharing your story :smiley: